About CA @ 50 Million
California will be home to 50 million people by the middle of this century, at the same time that it is aiming to meet aggressive sustainability goals. California needs to accommodate this growth while also protecting the natural resources, growing the economy, and building healthy, sustainable communities for all Californians.
By growing in a thoughtful manner that is in line with the State’s long-term goals, California in 2050 will have a:
- A strong, resilient economy,
- Thriving urban areas, prosperous rural regions,
- A clean environment and healthy and resilient natural systems,
- A clean and efficient energy system, and
- Efficient and sound infrastructure.
This website provides links to the state’s goals and key indicators for tracking progress toward them.